Charge Nurse / ER / Nights / 12 hour *Excellent Pay & Benefits*
About Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital
Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital is a 74-bed full-service hospital located in the heart of Tempe, near Arizona State University, the hospital offers a broad range of medical services to care for a diverse and dynamic community. From its busy emergency department to its critical care unit to specialty programs like wound care and pain management, the Tempe St. Luke’s team is committed to providing high-quality care in a warm, friendly hospital environment.
Charge Nurse – Emergency Department
Charge Nurses are supervisory personnel, with responsibility to make patient care assignments based upon the skill, experience and temperament of other nursing personnel and on the acuity of the patients. Responsible for the day to day delivery of patient care and related operational matters on an assigned nursing unit. Coordinates patient care with other health care professionals and hospital employees as necessary.
- Managing admissions and discharges within the Emergency Department.
- Planning the nurse roster.
- Supervising and guiding other nurses in their work.
- Encouraging a culture that promotes staff productivity.
- Monitoring patients, administering medication and reporting patients’ condition to providers.
- Maintaining patient records as per requirements.
- Maintaining inventories of medical supplies and medicines.
- Recording performance of department nurses.
- Ensuring that the unit runs efficiently and as per standards and regulations.
- RN License in Arizona required
- Degree in Nursing required
- Previous supervisor experience strongly preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities, Women, Disabled, Veterans