Director of Emergency Services & ICU
- Responsible for direction of the staff. Supports and empowers staff to embrace the mission and value statements of the hospital.
- Directs and participates in the human resource management function for the department by coordinating the selection, promotion, orientation, and performance appraisal and management processes.
- Ability to perform a head-to-toe assessment on all patients and reassessments as per policy. This includes pediatric, adolescent and geriatric patients and the general patient population as defined by the scope of the department.
- Maintains records pertinent to personnel and operation of the department. Prepares reports as required regarding services, utilization, performance improvement, service data, outcome data, productivity, including long term capital budget and short term operational budget.
- Maintains performance improvement activities for department. Performs competency evaluations of all staff members in a timely manner.
- Provides education to staff on performance improvement. Ability to plan and organize orientation and in-service training for department staff members; participates in guidance and educational programs.
- Ensures payroll is completed accurately and submitted in a timely manner. Ensures productivity standards are met consistently.
- Maintains regulatory requirements, including all state, federal and hospital regulations.
- Ensures compliance with policies and procedures regarding department operations, fire, and safety and infection control.
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing degree from an accredited school of nursing with three (3) years or more experience in direct patient care nursing and in addition a minimum 3 yrs nursing management experience.
- Current Arizona RN license or eligible to obtain.
- Successful completion of critical care course as appropriate for department.
- Current BLS, ACLS, and PALS Certifications.
- Excellent computer knowledge.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Prefer the majority of nursing experience and management experience to be in Emergency Services in an acute care hospital setting.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled