Director Quality/Risk Management
Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital is a 74-bed full-service hospital. Located in the heart of Tempe, near Arizona State University, the hospital offers a broad range of medical services and accredited physicians to care for a diverse and dynamic community. Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital is equipped with sophisticated medical technology, features all private rooms, electronic health records and wireless Internet access. The hospital’s experienced team of doctors and nurses work together to provide expert care and the best possible patient experience. To learn more about Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital, click here: Tempe St. Luke's Hospital
Position Title: Director Quality/Risk Management
Responsible for direction of the Quality Management Department and the various functions under its umbrella. Provides reports to the QM Committee, Medical Executive Committee, Board of Directors, administrative team and health plans as requested and required. Maintains quality improvement activities within the department and participates in CQI activities. Assures collaboration between quality, risk and utilization management functions. Assists in formulating and monitoring the budget for the areas included.
Responsible for the direction of the Risk Management Department and the various functions under its umbrella. Direct the risk management process within budgetary and legal guidelines. Demonstrates competency in the quality of work and knowledge of the entire process of risk management for any facilities under your direction. Demonstrates knowledge of and facilitates compliance with DNV, State and Corporate rules, regulations and guidelines at hospitals. Demonstrates competency in management characteristics and responsibilities: perform under changing conditions, command appropriately in all situations, pursue established work schedule and goals to completion, etc.
- The Highest education level, minimum High School diploma or equivalent
- Bachelors degree in health care field, preferably in nursing; Masters degree preferred.
- Current Arizona Registered Nurse Licensure
- 3 or more years of previous clinical experience in an acute care setting
- Previous management experience in risk management and performance improvement.
- Knowledgeable in current JCAHO standards, state regulations, compliance requirements, and legal rules and regulations.
- Exceptional communications and leadership skills.
- 5 or more years of management experience Quality Management.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Ability to interpret financial and statistical reports.
- Intermediate computer knowledge.
- Understanding of varying hardware, software, word processing and database products.
- Ability to independently learn and utilize multiple programs in a manner to facilitate department processes.
- This position is subject to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Steward Health Care Workforce. Employees in this position will be required to provide adequate proof of vaccination for COVID-19 by an FDA-approved vaccine prior to starting work. Steward will consider requests for exemptions from this vaccine requirement on the basis of medical condition or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable Federal laws.
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing, Additional languages preferred
- Degree in Health Services Administration
- CPR certification preferred
We have many plans with various deductibles, which can cover individuals or families, so you can customize a plan that will work for you! Steward Health Care works with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts to provide affordable health insurance for our employees in benefit eligible positions. Our Health Plans Highlights are:
- Deductibles will not apply to services provided by a Steward provider (Tier 1).
- Office visits copays will be $0 when a member uses a Steward Provider (Tier 1).
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse office visits will be $0 for all In-Network providers (Tier1, Tier 2, and Tier 3).
Other Benefits provided:
- Dental, Vision, Health Care Savings Account, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long-Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, Shift Differential, Tuition Reimbursement, and more.
Steward Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer