ED Care Technician - Per Diem
Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital is a 74-bed full-service hospital. Located in the heart of Tempe, near Arizona State University, the hospital offers a broad range of medical services and accredited physicians to care for a diverse and dynamic community. Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital is equipped with sophisticated medical technology, features all private rooms, electronic health records and wireless Internet access. The hospital’s experienced team of doctors and nurses work together to provide expert care and the best possible patient experience. To learn more about Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital, click here: Tempe St. Luke's Hospital
Position Title: Emergency Department Care Technician
- -Provides indirect patient care in the departmental setting.
- -Meets communication needs of the department.
- -Transcribes physician orders from records with notations and signatures by nursing staff.
- -Prepares and compiles records in the department.
- -Answers the telephone and patient intercom system.
- -Enters orders into the computer, alerts nursing staff to abnormal lab results.
- -Orders supplies and stock items as required.
- Per Diem staff must provide a minimum availability of one shift per week with one of those being a weekend shift (Saturday/Sunday) within a six week period.
- The Highest education level, minimum High School diploma or equivalent
- This position is subject to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Steward Health Care Workforce. Employees in this position will be required to provide adequate proof of vaccination for COVID-19 by an FDA-approved vaccine prior to starting work. Steward will consider requests for exemptions from this vaccine requirement on the basis of medical condition or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable Federal laws.
- CPR/BCLS Certification
- Ability to work effectively with computer based charting and other clinical software programs.
- Adaptability to change and good organizational skills.
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English.
- Prefer completion of an EKG class and hospital experience.
- Licensed EMT in the State of Arizona
- 1 - 3 ER Tech years experience
- Completion of an EKG class and hospital experience
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
Steward Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer