Emergency Department Program Coordinator
Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital is a 74-bed full-service hospital. Located in the heart of Tempe, near Arizona State University, the hospital offers a broad range of medical services and accredited physicians to care for a diverse and dynamic community. Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital is equipped with sophisticated medical technology, features all private rooms, electronic health records and wireless Internet access. The hospital’s experienced team of doctors and nurses work together to provide expert care and the best possible patient experience. To learn more about Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital, click here: Tempe St. Luke's Hospital
Oversees the trauma, stroke and cardiac program accreditation under the direction of the Emergency Department Director. This includes but is not limited to coordination, implementation, monitoring, analyzing and ongoing evaluation of each program as well as education of all parties involved in the care coordination. This position also requires facilitating team meetings and acting as a subject matter expert for all programs. Must possess strong oral and written communication skills as well as public speaking. Position also does require the ability to provide direct patient care in the Emergency Department setting when needed due to emergency situations.
- The Highest education level, minimum High School diploma or equivalent
- This position is subject to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Steward Health Care Workforce. Employees in this position will be required to provide adequate proof of vaccination for COVID-19 by an FDA-approved vaccine prior to starting work. Steward will consider requests for exemptions from this vaccine requirement on the basis of medical condition or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable Federal laws.
- Curreny Arizona RN license
- BLS /ACLS as required by Department
- PALS (annual or within 6 months of hire for new staff)
- Ability to work effectively with computer based charting and other clinical software programs
- Adaptability to change, organizational skills
- Complete annual and continuing education requirements
- Basic computer knowledge and must be procicient with Microsoft Office Products
- Prior experience demonstrating ability to work with minimal supervision, prioritize and organize work
- Prior experience in a program coordinator role and/or minimum of 2 years of clinical experience in the Emergency Department
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
We have many plans with various deductibles, which can cover individuals or families, so you can customize a plan that will work for you! Steward Health Care works with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts to provide affordable health insurance for our employees in benefit eligible positions. Our Health Plans Highlights are:
- Deductibles will not apply to services provided by a Steward provider (Tier 1).
- Office visits copays will be $0 when a member uses a Steward Provider (Tier 1).
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse office visits will be $0 for all In-Network providers (Tier1, Tier 2, and Tier 3).
Other Benefits provided:
- Dental, Vision, Health Care Savings Account, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long-Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, Shift Differential, Tuition Reimbursement, and more.
Steward Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer