Employee Health Nurse
Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital is a 74-bed full-service hospital. Located in the heart of Tempe, near Arizona State University, the hospital offers a broad range of medical services and accredited physicians to care for a diverse and dynamic community. Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital is equipped with sophisticated medical technology, features all private rooms, electronic health records and wireless Internet access. The hospital’s experienced team of doctors and nurses work together to provide expert care and the best possible patient experience. To learn more about Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital, click here: Tempe St. Luke's Hospital
Position Title: Employee Health Nurse
Provides nursing coordination and care of Employee Health Services to employees of Steward Health Care. This includes prevention, recognition, treatment, and education of illness and injury. Responsible for organizing and coordinating the activities of facility’s Employee Health and Worker’s Compensation programs. For operational/administrative purposes, this position reports to the Human Resources Director. Clinical oversight by the Employee Health Manager, Medical Director of Employee Health and/or Chief Nursing Officer. Flexibility to travel and work across the AZ market as needed.
- Provides nursing care including treatment for job related injuries and illnesses, testing, emergency first aid, and follow-up of injury and illness.
- Provides pre-employment screenings of new hires to determine compliance with all applicable health regulations and policies.
- Ensure new hire meet the immunization requirements as indicated for all employees.
- Performs Respirator Fit Testing and training for employees determined to be candidates for wearing a respirator.
- Documents employee care and progress, instructions, worker communication, and communication from other providers in the employee health chart.
- Develops and/or maintains and audits the employee health medical records to ensure continuity of care, employee confidentiality, and feedback to management, in compliance with government regulation and policy.
- Works closely with infection control and employees during outbreak management exposures.
- Implements annual flu vaccination program for all employees, physicians, and contracted staff. Maintains consent form and log of all flu vaccinations given each year.
- Maintains confidentiality and obtains releases when necessary.
- Performs and assesses for Fitness for Duty issues.
- Reviews all work-related injury/illness reports and investigate significant incidents.
- Collaborate with Worker’s Compensation designee to assess the employee’s continuous medical needs and schedule follow up care as appropriate; ensure necessary documentation is completed and given to the appropriate parties. Prepares monthly Workers Comp status report for Risk Manager, Safety Officer, HR Director, and Hospital President.
- Refers employees to FMLA process as needed for any employee who is out of work five or more days as a result of injury or illness sustained at work. Administers return to –work and transitional duty programs
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing. BSN or BS preferred. Current state nursing registration as RN, LPN, or LVN.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Knowledge of Worker’s Compensation, DNV, OSHA, CDC, and MDPH guidelines and regulations.
- Knowledge of blood/body fluid post-exposure management protocols, tuberculin skin testing, respiratory fit testing, post offer drug screening, hepatitis B, and measles and flu immunization practices.
- Possess teaching and counseling techniques.
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- 3-5 years of nursing experience, preferably in Occupational Health, infection control practice, or emergency care nursing
- Additional languages
We have many plans with various deductibles, which can cover individuals or families, so you can customize a plan that will work for you! Steward Health Care works with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts to provide affordable health insurance for our employees in benefit eligible positions. Our Health Plans Highlights are:
- Deductibles will not apply to services provided by a Steward provider (Tier 1).
- Office visits copays will be $0 when a member uses a Steward Provider (Tier 1).
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse office visits will be $0 for all In-Network providers (Tier1, Tier 2, and Tier 3).
Other Benefits provided:
- Dental, Vision, Health Care Savings Account, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long-Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, Shift Differential, Tuition Reimbursement, and more.
Steward Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer