Endoscopy Technician PDM
Since we first opened in 1944, Tempe St. Luke's Hospital has been providing high-quality medical care to the people of Tempe and surrounding communities. Today, our 74-bed acute care hospital is one of the area's top community supporters.
Because we want every patient to have a pleasant, convenient, and comfortable experience, we employ staff members who are dedicated to meeting the healthcare needs of our community by providing high-quality care with a focus on patient safety, as well as exceptional customer service.
- Demonstrates competency in skills and knowledge pertinent to the care of patients undergoing endoscopic procedures.
- Prepares patient for exam, monitors during procedure, and observes the patient.
- Instructs the patient, post procedures, as directed by the physician.
- Assists physician with technical aspects of procedure as directed.
- Prepares endoscopy suite and equipment for scheduled procedures.
- Anticipates supplies and equipment to be utilized during cases and assures that they are easily accessible.
- Maintains adequate inventory of supplies.
- Evaluates and recommends equipment as requested or needed.
- Demonstrates an ability to assist physicians/RN with procedures and performs services requiring technical and manual skills under the direction of an RN and within scope of practice.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Previous hospital experience preferred. Prior Endoscopy Tech experience preferred.
- Current BCLS certification.
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities, Women, Disabled, and Veterans.