Environmental Services Associate - Evenings
Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital is a 74-bed full-service hospital. Located in the heart of Tempe, near Arizona State University, the hospital offers a broad range of medical services and accredited physicians to care for a diverse and dynamic community. Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital is equipped with sophisticated medical technology, features all private rooms, electronic health records and wireless Internet access. The hospital’s experienced team of doctors and nurses work together to provide expert care and the best possible patient experience. To learn more about Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital, click here: Tempe St. Luke's Hospital
Position Title: EVS Attendant
EVS Attendant is responsible to cleans all areas of the hospital by performing routine cleaning of patient rooms, check out. Terminal cleaning, deep cleanings, sweeping and mopping, nursing units, offices, clinical areas, waiting areas, lobbies, lounges, restrooms, and corridors and vacuuming of all carpeted areas. Demonstrate ability to utilize the appropriate chemicals and supplies according to procedure. Essential Functions includes be knowable of all 7 steps of cleaning Technique’s, Infection Control & Cross Contamination practices & regulations, OSHA, and safety oriented.
- Promote the mission, vision, and values of the organization
- Performs all assigned tasks in a professional manner to reflect the highest integrity of the Environmental Services Department.
- Performs routine cleaning of patient rooms, nursing units, offices, clinical areas, waiting areas, lobbies, lounges, restrooms, and corridors in a clean, neat, and sanitary manner.
- Utilizes the appropriate chemicals and supplies according to procedure.
- Uses and maintains equipment properly.
- Assists visitors with directions whenever requested.
- Always introduces self to patients, families, and visitors.
- Reports safety hazards as appropriate.
- Transports trash and hazardous waste to appropriate disposal area.
- Replenishes supplies.
- Follows all infection control practices including hand washing techniques, Standard Precautions, and isolation precautions.
- Maintains set quality standards when performing job duties.
- Always observes safety precautions.
- Maintains age specific safety precautions.
- Cooperate with other personnel to achieve departmental objectives, maintain good employee relations and interdepartmental objectives.
- Enhance professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, trainings, current literature, in-service meetings, and workshops; shows responsibility for own professional practice and ongoing education.
- Perform other duties as assigned Professional Requirements
- Adhere to dress code, appearance is neat and clean.
- Complete monthly & annual education requirements.
- Maintain patient confidentiality at all times including all medical, financial, and legal information
- Report to work on time and as scheduled.
- Wear identification while on duty.
- Represent the organization in a positive and professional manner at all times.
- Comply with all organizational policies and standards regarding ethical business practices.
- Communicate the mission, ethics, and goals of the organization.
- Participate in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement activities.
- This position includes exposure to blood and body fluids, communicable diseases, chemicals, radiation, and repetitive motions
- Attend regular staff meetings and in-services.
- The Highest education level, minimum High School diploma or equivalent
- Works day, evening, or night shifts as assigned or required including call hours
- The ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Ability to read and understand equipment operation manual.
- Ability to determine appropriate course of action in more complex situations
- Ability to work independently, exercise creativity, be attentive to detail, and maintain a positive attitude
- Ability to manage multiple and simultaneous responsibilities and to prioritize scheduling of work
- Ability to complete work assignments accurately and in a timely manner
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to handle difficult situations involving patients, physicians, or others in a professional manner Physical Requirements and Environmental Conditions
- Physically demanding, high-stress environment
- Ability to push and pull heavy objects
- Position requires light to moderate work with 50 pounds maximum weight to lift and carry.
- Position requires reaching, bending, stooping, and handling objects with hands and/or fingers, talking and/or hearing, and seeing.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of environmental services
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
We have many plans with various deductibles, which can cover individuals or families, so you can customize a plan that will work for you! Steward Health Care works with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts to provide affordable health insurance for our employees in benefit eligible positions. Our Health Plans Highlights are:
- Deductibles will not apply to services provided by a Steward provider (Tier 1).
- Office visits copays will be $0 when a member uses a Steward Provider (Tier 1).
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse office visits will be $0 for all In-Network providers (Tier1, Tier 2, and Tier 3).
Other Benefits provided:
- Dental, Vision, Health Care Savings Account, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long-Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, Shift Differential, Tuition Reimbursement, and more.
Steward Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer