Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital is a 74-bed full-service hospital. Located in the heart of Tempe, near Arizona State University, the hospital offers a broad range of medical services and accredited physicians to care for a diverse and dynamic community. Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital is equipped with sophisticated medical technology, features all private rooms, electronic health records and wireless Internet access. The hospital’s experienced team of doctors and nurses work together to provide expert care and the best possible patient experience. To learn more about Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital, click here: Tempe St. Luke's Hospital
Position Title: Food Service Worker
Under the general supervision of the Food Service Manager. The Food Service Worker is responsible for set-up and execution of the patient tray line, preparation and delivery of food and beverage items requested by nursing units/ancillary departments and dishwashing duties as outline by their position-specific job routine. Employee will work closely with management to maintain both hospital and departmental standards.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepares food items for general and therapeutic diets.
- Possesses a working knowledge of general dietary restrictions and requirements.
- Prepares food items according to specifications set forth by the Dietitians, Diet tech and the Tray line Coordinator.
- Ensures that floor stocks are prepared and delivered in a timely fashion.
- Prepares each tray according to specifications set forth by the diet tech and tray line coordinator. Attention to detail is given to ensure that patients receive items appropriate to their diet and in a manner that is both pleasing and palatable.
- Ensures that tray line begins on time by having all requested items prepared and in their proper place.
- Maintains tray line in a clean and organized manner.
- Observes safe food service practices during tray line, including the use of gloves and hair restraint. Changes gloves as necessary, washing his/her hands in-between each use.
- Actively participates in the processing of soiled service wares.
- Retrieves patient tray carts by the times indicated on his/her job routine.
- Understands how to clean and operate the dish machine to ensure safe and optimum machine performance.
- Washes specified items by hand, i.e., pots, pans and knives.
- Other general kitchen duties as assigned
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED
- Current Maricopa County Food Handlers Card
- Previous food service experience
We have many plans with various deductibles, which can cover individuals or families, so you can customize a plan that will work for you! Steward Health Care works with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts to provide affordable health insurance for our employees in benefit eligible positions. Our Health Plans Highlights are:
- Deductibles will not apply to services provided by a Steward provider (Tier 1).
- Office visits copays will be $0 when a member uses a Steward Provider (Tier 1).
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse office visits will be $0 for all In-Network providers (Tier1, Tier 2, and Tier 3).
Other Benefits provided:
- Dental, Vision, Health Care Savings Account, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long-Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, Shift Differential, Tuition Reimbursement, and more.
About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country's largest physician-led, minority-owned, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 33 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Texas.
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.