Hospital Pharmacy Tech
Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital is a 74-bed full-service hospital. Located in the heart of Tempe, near Arizona State University, the hospital offers a broad range of medical services and accredited physicians to care for a diverse and dynamic community. Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital is equipped with sophisticated medical technology, features all private rooms, electronic health records and wireless Internet access. The hospital’s experienced team of doctors and nurses work together to provide expert care and the best possible patient experience. To learn more about Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital, click here: Tempe St. Luke's Hospital
Position Title: Pharmacy Technician
Pharmacy technicians assist and support licensed pharmacists in providing health care and medications to patients. Pharmacy technicians must have a broad knowledge of pharmacy practice, and be skilled in the techniques required to order, stock, package, and compound and otherwise prepare medications. The technician will keep records of all work processed for medication reconciliation performance monitoring.
- Identify all patients admitted to hospital within last 24 hours
- Collect a list of medications prescribed to the patient prior to admission via: Patient/Family interview or provided med list
- Retail pharmacy utilized by patient- Clinic the meds are acquired from
- Clarify any potential errors in dosing or duplication that may be identified using: Pharmacist, Micromedex- Clinical Pharmacology
- Document medication list in computer (Clinicals) with: Drug Name, Dose, Route, Frequency, Last time taken (if able to identify), Source of information, Name of technician completing medication reconciliation
- Collaborates with nursing to identify obstacles to acquiring information
- Notifying providers of completed medication reconciliation
- Scans all completed records into the medication Order Management system (MOMs)
- Assists with answering telephones when short staffed or busy in pharmacy
- Aids in putting medication inventory on shelf when needed
- The Highest education level, minimum High School diploma or equivalent
- A degree or the equivalent combination of education and training experience.
- Current technician certification and IV certification if position requires compounding sterile preparation and required licensing.
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical products, vendors, drug nomenclature and contract negotiations.
- Customer service skills
- ACPE or ASHP accredited course in compounding sterile preparations
- Three (3) years pharmacy operations experience and one (1) year purchasing experience
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
We have many plans with various deductibles, which can cover individuals or families, so you can customize a plan that will work for you! Steward Health Care works with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts to provide affordable health insurance for our employees in benefit eligible positions. Our Health Plans Highlights are:
- Deductibles will not apply to services provided by a Steward provider (Tier 1).
- Office visits copays will be $0 when a member uses a Steward Provider (Tier 1).
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse office visits will be $0 for all In-Network providers (Tier1, Tier 2, and Tier 3).
Other Benefits provided:
- Dental, Vision, Health Care Savings Account, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long-Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, Shift Differential, Tuition Reimbursement, and more.
About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country’s largest physician-led, tax paying, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 39 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah.
For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Steward Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer