Hospital Plant Operations Manager
Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital is a 74-bed full-service hospital. Located in the heart of Tempe, near Arizona State University, the hospital offers a broad range of medical services and accredited physicians to care for a diverse and dynamic community. Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital is equipped with sophisticated medical technology, features all private rooms, electronic health records and wireless Internet access. The hospital’s experienced team of doctors and nurses work together to provide expert care and the best possible patient experience. To learn more about Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital, click here: Tempe St. Luke's Hospital
Position Title: Hospital Plant Operations Manager, Exempt
Under the direction of the Plant Operations Director the Manager is responsible for daily operations and leadership of the Plant Operations Department. Assists in formulating budget. Performs and supervises preventive maintenance schedules. Assists in computing costs, scheduling and expediting operations and repairs, supervises, and assists with emergency and major repair jobs, and inspects building and grounds. Assists in ordering equipment and supplies.
Cooperates with Safety Committee programs to detect, minimize, and control fires and fire hazards. Ensures maintenance of the physical environment for patients, personnel, medical staff and the public, in accordance with hospital policy and procedures and regulatory requirements.
Responsible for preventative and corrective maintenance programs to ensure efficient and uninterrupted operation of the entire physical plant and all related operating equipment within the facility. Responsible for the supervision of operation and maintenance of multiple buildings and structures.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Valid Arizona Driver’s License in good standing.
- 3 - 5 years progressive leadership experience in plant operations in an acute hospital setting, including experience in disaster planning and fire regulations.
- Must have extensive knowledge of building construction, HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems, and building and fire safety codes.
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English.
- Good computer skills with various software applications.
- Excellent organizational skills; consistently completes all assignments in a timely, thorough, and appropriately detailed manner.
- Membership in the American Society of Hospital Engineers and/or National Fire Prevention Association
- Vocational training / experience in carpentry, painting, electrical and plumbing trades
- Work experience in a health care facility or related field
We have many plans with various deductibles, which can cover individuals or families, so you can customize a plan that will work for you! Steward Health Care works with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts to provide affordable health insurance for our employees in benefit eligible positions. Our Health Plans Highlights are:
- Deductibles will not apply to services provided by a Steward provider (Tier 1).
- Office visits copays will be $0 when a member uses a Steward Provider (Tier 1).
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse office visits will be $0 for all In-Network providers (Tier1, Tier 2, and Tier 3).
Other Benefits provided:
- Dental, Vision, Health Care Savings Account, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long-Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, Shift Differential, Tuition Reimbursement, and more.
About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country’s largest physician-led, tax paying, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 39 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah.
For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 128370