Hospital Plant Operator
Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital is a 74-bed full-service hospital. Located in the heart of Tempe, near Arizona State University, the hospital offers a broad range of medical services and accredited physicians to care for a diverse and dynamic community. Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital is equipped with sophisticated medical technology, features all private rooms, electronic health records and wireless Internet access. The hospital’s experienced team of doctors and nurses work together to provide expert care and the best possible patient experience. To learn more about Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital, click here: Tempe St. Luke's Hospital
Position Title: Plant Operator (Hospital)
Performs a variety of tasks including basic carpentry, plumbing, HVAC, boiler and heat exchanger operations, fire alarm panel and equipment operation associated with general plant maintenance for hospital environments.
Performs other duties as required. Supports and adheres to Tempe St. Luke Hospital guest relations philosophy to ensure that our patients, physicians, visitors, and co-workers receive outstanding personal care and attention.
- The Highest education level, minimum High School diploma or equivalent
- Valid Arizona Driver’s License in good standing
- Vocational training / experience in carpentry, painting, electrical and plumbing trades
- Three (3) to four (4) years previous Central Plant (boiler room) experience in a hospital or industrial plant
- Two (2) years previous experience in general maintenance work
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Working experience in a health care facility or related field preferred
This position is subject to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Steward Health Care Workforce. Employees in this position will be required to provide adequate proof of vaccination for COVID-19 by an FDA-approved vaccine prior to starting work. Steward will consider requests for exemptions from this vaccine requirement on the basis of medical condition or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable Federal laws.
We have many plans with various deductibles, which can cover individuals or families, so you can customize a plan that will work for you! Steward Health Care works with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts to provide affordable health insurance for our employees in benefit eligible positions. Our Health Plans Highlights are:
- Deductibles will not apply to services provided by a Steward provider (Tier 1).
- Office visits copays will be $0 when a member uses a Steward Provider (Tier 1).
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse office visits will be $0 for all In-Network providers (Tier1, Tier 2, and Tier 3).
Other Benefits provided:
- Dental, Vision, Health Care Savings Account, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long-Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, Shift Differential, Tuition Reimbursement, and more.
Steward Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer