Lab Assistant - Nights
Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital is a 74-bed full-service hospital. Located in the heart of Tempe, near Arizona State University, the hospital offers a broad range of medical services and accredited physicians to care for a diverse and dynamic community. Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital is equipped with sophisticated medical technology, features all private rooms, electronic health records and wireless Internet access. The hospital’s experienced team of doctors and nurses work together to provide expert care and the best possible patient experience. To learn more about Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital, click here: Tempe St. Luke's Hospital
Position Title: Laboratory Assistant
Prepares skin site and performs venipuncture and skin punctures according to established aseptic techniques to obtain blood specimens in accordance with physician orders. Instructs patients in specimen collection methods and procedures in an age appropriate manner (ie: urinalysis and bacteriology), and obtains specimens for culture and analysis. Treats patients and families with dignity and respect. Labels and records specimens obtained, transports them to the laboratory and distributes to appropriate laboratory area for analysis. Prepares blood for testing.
- The Highest education level, minimum High School diploma or equivalent
- Previous phlebotomy experience or schooling and knowledge of aseptic methods and basic medical terminology required, or the ability to learn and demonstrate competency after successful completion of an on the job training period.
- Familiar with various computer software applications or LIS and type a minimum of 40 WPM.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills.
- Previous hospital experience and specimen processing
- Applicant must be organized, able to multi-task drawing both outpatients and inpatients while processing samples for in-house and reference lab testing.
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
We have many plans with various deductibles, which can cover individuals or families, so you can customize a plan that will work for you! Steward Health Care works with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts to provide affordable health insurance for our employees in benefit eligible positions. Our Health Plans Highlights are:
- Deductibles will not apply to services provided by a Steward provider (Tier 1).
- Office visits copays will be $0 when a member uses a Steward Provider (Tier 1).
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse office visits will be $0 for all In-Network providers (Tier1, Tier 2, and Tier 3).
Other Benefits provided:
- Dental, Vision, Health Care Savings Account, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long-Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, Shift Differential, Tuition Reimbursement, and more.
Steward Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 114724