Manager Materials - Tempe St Luke's
Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital is a 74-bed full-service hospital. Located in the heart of Tempe, near Arizona State University, the hospital offers a broad range of medical services and accredited physicians to care for a diverse and dynamic community. Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital is equipped with sophisticated medical technology, features all private rooms, electronic health records and wireless Internet access. The hospital’s experienced team of doctors and nurses work together to provide expert care and the best possible patient experience. To learn more about Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital, click here: Tempe St. Luke's Hospital
Position Title: Materials Manager
Under the general direction of the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and Market Materials Management Director, the Materials Manager trains new hires the materials management department employees. Oversees operations at each designated sight and follows direction of Market Director. Responsible for maintaining par levels and communicating with department directors for savings initiatives. Oversees purchasing/buyers for both stock and non-stock inventory. Responsible for the creation, implementation and coordination of materials and service systems throughout the department. The systems should meet or exceed the requirements of the Medical Center and be accomplished at the most favorable cost to the organization. Responsible for coding of invoices in OnBase for sites they oversee. Manage time card approvals for all hourly employees. Responsible for month end activativies coordinated with Accounts Payable for ERP system. Will be point of contact for all invoice issues not resolved between buyer and accounts payable representative. Will oversee all conversions of products based on contractural requirements. Must be able to respect diversity of each individual’s values, culture, spiritual beliefs, and other socio-economic issues in addressing the needs of patients, visitors, and co-workers. Effectively interacts with staff, managers, directors, and other health team members while maintaining established professional standards. Participates in hospital and department performance improvement activities. Other duties as assigned.
- The Highest education received, minimum High School diploma or equivalent
- Basic computer skills
- Minimum of five (5) years of materials management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related fields.
- Six (6) years progressively experience in an acute hospital environment
- Three (years) experience in management/supervisor role
- CPR Certification
We have many plans with various deductibles, which can cover individuals or families, so you can customize a plan that will work for you! Steward Health Care works with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts to provide affordable health insurance for our employees in benefit eligible positions. Our Health Plans Highlights are:
- Deductibles will not apply to services provided by a Steward provider (Tier 1).
- Office visits copays will be $0 when a member uses a Steward Provider (Tier 1).
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse office visits will be $0 for all In-Network providers (Tier1, Tier 2, and Tier 3).
Other Benefits provided:
- Dental, Vision, Health Care Savings Account, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long-Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, Shift Differential and more.
Steward Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer