Medical Technologist Lab PDM
Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital
Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital is a 74-bed full-service hospital. Located in the heart of Tempe, near Arizona State University, the hospital offers a broad range of medical services and accredited physicians to care for a diverse and dynamic community. From its busy emergency department to its critical care unit to specialty programs like wound care and pain management, the Tempe St. Luke’s team is committed to providing high-quality care in a warm, friendly hospital environment. Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital is equipped with sophisticated medical technology, features all private rooms, electronic health records and wireless Internet access. The hospital’s experienced team of doctors and nurses work together to provide expert care and the best possible patient experience.
Position: Medical Lab Technologist (MLT or MLS)
- Assumes, under the direction of the Laboratory Director, the responsibility for patient specimen testing, quality control, quality improvement and equipment maintenance.
- Accurately and promptly performs a variety of chemical, microscopic and bacteriologic tests to obtain data for use in the diagnosis and treatment of disease.
- Ability to work in all areas of the laboratory (including limited microbiology) at a proficient level.
- Able to operate all appropriate clinical equipment and perform manual testing in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Able to perform the necessary functions on the facility’s computer system and other computer programs as necessary.
- Advanced computer skills;
- Ability to adapt to change and manage time.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to exercise independent judgment in the completion of assignments and duties. Ability to speak and write English language fluently.
- Able to work a flexible schedule to cover all shifts and weekends, as hospital needs demand.
- The Highest education level, minimum High School diploma or equivalent
- Associate degree in laboratory science or medical technology program, or related field
- This position is subject to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Steward Health Care Workforce. Employees in this position will be required to provide adequate proof of vaccination for COVID-19 by an FDA-approved vaccine prior to starting work. Steward will consider requests for exemptions from this vaccine requirement on the basis of medical condition or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable Federal laws.
- Certified medical technologist (ASCP, AMT,NCA, HEW, ACLS ) New grads or certification eligible individuals may be considered, but must obtain certification within 8 months of hire;
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Physical, biological or Clinical laboratory Medical Technology science.
- 1+ years of experience
Steward Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer