Medical Technologist Lab
Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital is a 74-bed full-service hospital. Located in the heart of Tempe, near Arizona State University, the hospital offers a broad range of medical services and accredited physicians to care for a diverse and dynamic community. Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital is equipped with sophisticated medical technology, features all private rooms, electronic health records and wireless Internet access. The hospital’s experienced team of doctors and nurses work together to provide expert care and the best possible patient experience. To learn more about Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital, click here: Tempe St. Luke's Hospital
Position Title: Medical Lab Technologist
- Assumes, under the direction of the Laboratory Director, the responsibility for patient specimen testing, quality control, quality improvement and equipment maintenance.
- Accurately and promptly performs a variety of chemical, microscopic and bacteriologic tests to obtain data for use in the diagnosis and treatment of disease.
- Ability to work in all areas of the laboratory (including limited microbiology) at a proficient level.
- Able to operate all appropriate clinical equipment and perform manual testing in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Able to perform the necessary functions on the facility’s computer system and other computer programs as necessary.
- Advanced computer skills;
- Ability to adapt to change and manage time.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to exercise independent judgment in the completion of assignments and duties. Ability to speak and write English language fluently.
- Able to work a flexible schedule to cover all shifts and weekends, as hospital needs demand.
- The Highest education level, minimum High School diploma or equivalent
- Associate degree in laboratory science or medical technology program, or related field
- Certified medical technologist (ASCP, AMT,NCA, HEW, ACLS ) New grads or certification eligible individuals may be considered, but must obtain certification within 8 months of hire
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Physical, biological or Clinical laboratory Medical Technology science.
- 1+ years of experience
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
We have many plans with various deductibles, which can cover individuals or families, so you can customize a plan that will work for you! Steward Health Care works with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts to provide affordable health insurance for our employees in benefit eligible positions. Our Health Plans Highlights are:
- Deductibles will not apply to services provided by a Steward provider (Tier 1).
- Office visits copays will be $0 when a member uses a Steward Provider (Tier 1).
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse office visits will be $0 for all In-Network providers (Tier1, Tier 2, and Tier 3).
Other Benefits provided:
- Dental, Vision, Health Care Savings Account, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long-Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, Shift Differential, Tuition Reimbursement, and more.
Steward Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 120623