Occupational Therapist Lead
Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital is a 74-bed full-service hospital. Located in the heart of Tempe, near Arizona State University, the hospital offers a broad range of medical services and accredited physicians to care for a diverse and dynamic community. Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital is equipped with sophisticated medical technology, features all private rooms, electronic health records and wireless Internet access. The hospital’s experienced team of doctors and nurses work together to provide expert care and the best possible patient experience. To learn more about Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital, click here: Tempe St. Luke's Hospital
Position Title: Lead Occupational Therapist
Lead Occuapational Therapist is responsible for the daily operational direction of the Therapy Services Department. This includes developing and implementing staffing models for the clinical care and diagnostic evaluation of patients assigned to inpatient and outpatient programs within Therapy Services. May also have responsibilities for non-clinical functions related to the assigned programs. The Lead will shape and interpret the standards required to ensure quality clinical and operational outcomes and a high degree of patient, physician and employee satisfaction.
Must possess critical thinking skills with the ability to prioritize needs rapidly.
Excellent verbal/written communication; problem-solving ability; ability to plan; high level and critical decision making ability; comprehension of law, policies, procedures, standards and practices.
Maintains a positive work environment, accomplishing growth and utilization strategies meeting targets for patient and employee satisfaction.
Must also possess demonstrated skill in problem analysis, conflict resolution, and oral/written presentations.
Timely completion of all annual online learning requirements
- Bachelor's Degree
- Three (3) to five (5) years previous experience in Occupational Therapy
- CPR certification
- Current AZ license as an OT
- BLS and Annual stroke education of four (4) - eight (8) hours, as assigned
- COAP Certification
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing, Additional languages preferred
- Basic computer knowledge with proficiency in word and excel desired.
This position is subject to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Steward Health Care Workforce. Employees in this position will be required to provide adequate proof of vaccination for COVID-19 by an FDA-approved vaccine prior to starting work. Steward will consider requests for exemptions from this vaccine requirement on the basis of medical condition or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable Federal laws.
We have many plans with various deductibles, which can cover individuals or families, so you can customize a plan that will work for you! Steward Health Care works with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts to provide affordable health insurance for our employees in benefit eligible positions. Our Health Plans Highlights are:
- Deductibles will not apply to services provided by a Steward provider (Tier 1).
- Office visits copays will be $0 when a member uses a Steward Provider (Tier 1).
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse office visits will be $0 for all In-Network providers (Tier1, Tier 2, and Tier 3).
Other Benefits provided:
- Dental, Vision, Health Care Savings Account, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long-Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, Shift Differential, Tuition Reimbursement, and more.
Steward Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer