Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital is a 74-bed full-service hospital. Located in the heart of Tempe, near Arizona State University, the hospital offers a broad range of medical services and accredited physicians to care for a diverse and dynamic community. Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital is equipped with sophisticated medical technology, features all private rooms, electronic health records and wireless Internet access. The hospital’s experienced team of doctors and nurses work together to provide expert care and the best possible patient experience. To learn more about Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital, click here: Tempe St. Luke's Hospital
Position Title: Pharmacist
The Pharmacist fills medication orders/prescriptions, monitor patient medication therapies, counsel patients, document interventions, provide drug information, and supervise and direct support personnel. In the absence of a pharmacy supervisor or director, a pharmacist may be required to assume the essential responsibilities and perform the duties of the pharmacy supervisor.
The Pharmacist will enhance professional relationships with all departments, staff, and patients. Communicate effectively to promote clinical initiatives, provide patient care and education, and promote pharmacy initiatives. The Pharmacist will provide pharmaceutical care for patients of all ages: from infancy through geriatric. Maintain a professional presence throughout the hospital. Assure pharmacy services and activities are carried out to meet goals and standards of Steward Healthcare.
- Current license to practice Pharmacy in state and maintains all required CE
- Graduate of college of Pharmacy accredited by ACPE or equivalent
- Training and proficiency in age specific therapies for hospital patients
- Neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult and/or geriatric
- Customer oriented at all times - must be diplomatic
- Work within a diverse workforce
- Pressure to perform in emergency situations
- Overall decision-making responsibility
- Ability to work through constant interruptions
- Ability to handle multiple projects
- The Highest education level, minimum High School diploma or equivalent
- This position is subject to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Steward Health Care Workforce. Employees in this position will be required to provide adequate proof of vaccination for COVID-19 by an FDA-approved vaccine prior to starting work. Steward will consider requests for exemptions from this vaccine requirement on the basis of medical condition or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable Federal laws.
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Previous hospital pharmacy experience
We have many plans with various deductibles, which can cover individuals or families, so you can customize a plan that will work for you! Steward Health Care works with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts to provide affordable health insurance for our employees in benefit eligible positions. Our Health Plans Highlights are:
- Deductibles will not apply to services provided by a Steward provider (Tier 1).
- Office visits copays will be $0 when a member uses a Steward Provider (Tier 1).
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse office visits will be $0 for all In-Network providers (Tier1, Tier 2, and Tier 3).
Other Benefits provided:
- Dental, Vision, Health Care Savings Account, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long-Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, Shift Differential, Tuition Reimbursement, and more.
Steward Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 120082