Registered Nurse CDI Specialist
Tempe St. Luke’s Medical Center
Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital is a 74-bed full-service hospital. Located in the heart of Tempe, near Arizona State University, the hospital offers a broad range of medical services and accredited physicians to care for a diverse and dynamic community. From its busy emergency department to its critical care unit to specialty programs like wound care and pain management, the Tempe St. Luke’s team is committed to providing high-quality care in a warm, friendly hospital environment. Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital is equipped with sophisticated medical technology, features all private rooms, electronic health records and wireless Internet access. The hospital’s experienced team of doctors and nurses work together to provide expert care and the best possible patient experience.
Position: Registered Nurse- CDI Specialist
- Ensuring patient record contains clinical documentation that is clear, concise and clinically accurate to meet the goals of the CDI program
- Responsible for improving the concurrent documentation practices in facility through ongoing education
- Collaborates with physician clinical documentation, coding and reimbursement processes.
- Minimum of five (5) years clinical experience or coding/reimbursement experience in acute care environment
- Current CDI certification preferred (must obtain within 18 months of employment through Association of Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialists/ACDIS or American Health Information Management Association/AHIMA)
- Experience in practice of clinical documentation: nursing health information, case management, quality management or similar related field
- Knowledge of AZ State charting requirements
- Knowledge of diagnoses/procedures in accordance with ICD-10
- Ability to learn state, federal, and private reimbursement systems
- Ability to work effectively with physicians, nurses and ancillary staff in a collaborative manner
- Ability to provide education to diverse group/teams within the healthcare environment.
- Proficient in computer skills including charting software and Excel
- Ability to analyze large amounts of data, identify problems, patterns, trends/facilitate improvement actions needed
- Ability to multi-task and take initiative to suggest process improvements
- Proven organization, analytical skills to identify patterns and trends.
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently
- Registered Nurse in Arizona, preferred
We have many plans with various deductibles, which can cover individuals or families, so you can customize a plan that will work for you! Steward Health Care works with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts to provide affordable health insurance for our employees in benefit eligible positions. Our Health Plans Highlights are:
- Deductibles will not apply to services provided by a Steward provider (Tier 1).
- Office visits copays will be $0 when a member uses a Steward Provider (Tier 1).
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse office visits will be $0 for all In-Network providers (Tier1, Tier 2, and Tier 3).
Other Benefits provided:
Dental, Vision, Health Care Savings Account, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long-Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, and more