Respiratory Therapist RRT/Vascular Access Lead - Full Time Days - Tempe St Luke's
Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital is a 74-bed full-service hospital. Located in the heart of Tempe, near Arizona State University, the hospital offers a broad range of medical services and accredited physicians to care for a diverse and dynamic community. Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital is equipped with sophisticated medical technology, features all private rooms, electronic health records and wireless Internet access. The hospital’s experienced team of doctors and nurses work together to provide expert care and the best possible patient experience. To learn more about Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital, click here: Tempe St. Luke's Hospital
Position Title: Respiratory Therapist RRT/Vascular Access Lead
Acts a resource to therapists, RN's and oversees education, competencies and best practices related to vascular access. Is able to insert, maintain, troubleshoot and remove vascular access lines including but not limited to PICC, Midline, Ultrasound guided IV's, arterial lines and implanted ports. Has the ability to identify clinical indications for vascular access needs using early assessment criteria including lab results, medical history and anatomy. Communicates with physicians / directors / RN's / Charge Nurse / co-workers, as appropriate about changes in patient's clinical condition including results of diagnostic studies and symptomatology. Is able to respond quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to treatment. Participates in quality initiatives, bundle compliance and process improvement in the department during all phases from planning to implementing and sustaining efforts. Expected to act as a back up in the event additional support is needed within the respiratory therapy department (code response, intubations, EKG's, SVN's, etc).
- Ability to use ABC machine, ventilators, IPPB, EKG, bedside PF screeners
- Ability to perform chest PT
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Minimum Education: AA degree in related field (preferred) or Bachelor of Science Degree in a related field or a graduate of an accredited respiratory program.
- Required Certification/Registration: Must be a Registered Respiratory Therapist and have 3 years of experience in RT and at least one year of independent PICC insertions.
- Current license by the State of Arizona as a RCP (Respiratory Care Practitioner)
- PALS (annual or within 6 months of hire for new staff, as required by the facility)
- ACLS, BLS certificate (upon hire)
- Certified PICC Ultrasound Inserter Certification Preferred
We have many plans with various deductibles, which can cover individuals or families, so you can customize a plan that will work for you! Steward Health Care works with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts to provide affordable health insurance for our employees in benefit eligible positions. Our Health Plans Highlights are:
- Deductibles will not apply to services provided by a Steward provider (Tier 1).
- Office visits copays will be $0 when a member uses a Steward Provider (Tier 1).
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse office visits will be $0 for all In-Network providers (Tier1, Tier 2, and Tier 3).
Other Benefits provided:
- Dental, Vision, Health Care Savings Account, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long-Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, Shift Differential, Tuition Reimbursement, and more.
Steward Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer