Speech Therapist - Per Diem
Looking for a well rounded per diem market Speech Language Pathologist SLP to provide weekend coverage at Tempe St. Luke's Hospital as well as Mountain Vista Medical Center. Minimum of 2 weekend shifts per month of split location required.
Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital is a 74-bed full-service hospital. Located in the heart of Tempe, near Arizona State University, the hospital offers a broad range of medical services and accredited physicians to care for a diverse and dynamic community. Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital is equipped with sophisticated medical technology, features all private rooms, electronic health records and wireless Internet access. The hospital’s experienced team of doctors and nurses work together to provide expert care and the best possible patient experience. To learn more about Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital, click here: Tempe St. Luke's Hospital
The Staff Speech-Language Pathologist evaluates and treats patients in accordance with orders from the referring physician. Evaluation and treatment programs are developed through the use of a variety of therapeutic procedures designed to improve communication and/or swallowing efficiency. The Speech-Language Pathologist functions in accordance with their State Practice Act.
- The Highest education level, minimum High School diploma or equivalent
- This position is subject to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Steward Health Care Workforce. Employees in this position will be required to provide adequate proof of vaccination for COVID-19 by an FDA-approved vaccine prior to starting work. Steward will consider requests for exemptions from this vaccine requirement on the basis of medical condition or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable Federal laws.
- Current Arizona State License to administer Speech-Language Therapy Services
- Biannual CPR certification and completion of mid-cycle CPR demonstration
- COAP Certification
- Annual online learning requirements
- Basic computer knowledge
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Additional languages
Steward Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer