Staffing Coordinator Lead
The Staffing Coordinator Lead is a responsible for the coordination of staffing efforts at all market hospitals in order to promote efficiency and decrease overall agency usage. The Staffing Coordinator Lead, under the direction of the Market Director, will maintain an efficient level and mix of personnel in relation to patient census and alerts the Market Director of any nursing staffing problems. Assists the Market Director with coordination/monitoring/evaluation of unit staff and activities, including but not limited to:
- Identifies staffing needs of each unit according to census matrix, and staff appropriately.
- Coordinates unit schedules with the director/clinical leader each morning to confirm schedule accuracy.
- Accurately enters changes and updates into API
- Identifies first-time registry personnel and obtains profiles before their first shift. Also gives appropriate orientation materials to the new registry and obtains copies of their license and certifications.
- Ensures the accuracy of registry timesheets and gives copies to finance for processing.
- Maintains files with current licensure for registry personnel.
- Maintains files with current licensure for Market Pool personnel
- Maintains open communication with outside nursing agencies to ensure the use of qualified personnel.
- Obtains and tracks competencies of agency nursing staff.
- Maintains a current file on each agency personnel including a profile sheet, proof of orientation, evaluation, and other documents such as RN/LPN licensure and certifications as necessary.
- Uses advanced secretarial skills, knowledge of office procedures, and independent judgment to design, prepare, and format technical reports, gather and summarize data.
- Has a good working knowledge of various PC / spreadsheet applications.
- Reviews and validates agency invoices and statements and forwards approved invoices to accounts payables in a timely manner.
- Compiles weekly and monthly agency personnel usage reports to the Staffing Manager and nursing directors of all hospitals.
- Maintains an accurate master staffing schedule for nursing departments.
- Maintains an accurate daily staffing worksheet.
- Provide regular communication mechanisms with House Supervisors (night and weekend) regarding staffing plans.
- Provides agencies and contract personnel with an orientation packet.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- College Degree strongly desired.
- Two or more years of previous similar experience or the ability to learn and demonstrate competency after successful completion of a training program.
- Staffing and scheduling experience preferred.
- Ability to read, understand, and communicate effectively in English. Additional languages are helpful.
- Excellent typing (minimum of 60 wpm) with knowledge of various software applications.
- Full-Time position with excellent pay and benefits!