Staffing Coordinator - Market Float Pool
Full Time Staffing Coordinator:
Position Specific Accountabilities:
- Demonstrates support of the Organization's mission, values, and vision in all actions and interactions with employees, patients, medical staff, guests, and visitors.
- Identifies staffing needs of each unit according to census matrix, and staff appropriately.
- Coordinates unit schedules with the director/clinical leader each morning to confirm schedule accuracy.
- Accurately enters changes and updates into API
- Identifies first-time registry personnel and obtains profiles before their first shift. Also gives appropriate orientation materials to the new registry and obtains copies of their license and certifications.
- Ensures the accuracy of registry timesheets and gives copies to finance for processing.
- Maintains files with current licensure for registry personnel.
- Maintains files with current licensure for Market Pool personnel
- Maintains open communication with outside nursing agencies to ensure the use of qualified personnel.
- Obtains and tracks competencies of agency nursing staff.
- Maintains a current file on each agency personnel including a profile sheet, proof of orientation, evaluation, and other documents such as RN/LPN licensure and certifications as necessary.
- Uses advanced secretarial skills, knowledge of office procedures, and independent judgment to design, prepare, and format technical reports, gather and summarize data.
- Has a good working knowledge of various PC / spreadsheet applications.
- Reviews and validates agency invoices and statements and forwards approved invoices to accounts payables promptly.
- Compiles weekly and monthly agency personnel usage reports to the Staffing Manager and nursing directors of all hospitals.
- Maintains an accurate master staffing schedule for nursing departments.
- Maintains an accurate daily staffing worksheet.
- Provide regular communication mechanisms with House Supervisors (night and weekend) regarding staffing plans.
- Provides agencies and contract personnel with an orientation packet.
- Basic computer knowledge with IT scheduling systems
- Ability to make independent judgments
- Ability to multi-task
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2 year of staffing experience preferred
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 140798