Surgical Materials Coordinator
Position Title: Materials Coordinator, Operating Room
Develops, implements, and maintains control of supplies and equipment. Communicates effectively with all levels of personnel both in the Operating Room and other departments within the hospital.
Maintain adequate inventory control of supplies and equipment provide resources to meet the needs of the Operating Room.
Communicate effectively with all levels of personnel and other departments within the hospital.
Collaborates with both Purchasing Manager and Clinical Director on budget, keeping within the guidelines of the Operating Room.
- Minimum Education: High school diploma or equivalent; some college coursework preferred.
- One to two (1-2) years in a Surgical Services department
- Working knowledge of Purchasing law
- Computer experience: Word Processing and Spreadsheet software, Meditech
This position is subject to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Steward Health Care Workforce. Employees in this position will be required to provide adequate proof of vaccination for COVID-19 by an FDA-approved vaccine prior to starting work. Steward will consider requests for exemptions from this vaccine requirement on the basis of medical condition or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable Federal laws.
- One (1) year purchasing experience
- Management experience
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing