Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital is a 74-bed full-service hospital. Located in the heart of Tempe, near Arizona State University, the hospital offers a broad range of medical services and accredited physicians to care for a diverse and dynamic community. Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital is equipped with sophisticated medical technology, features all private rooms, electronic health records and wireless Internet access. The hospital’s experienced team of doctors and nurses work together to provide expert care and the best possible patient experience. To learn more about Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital, click here: Tempe St. Luke's Hospital
Position Title: Switchboard Operator
- Responds appropriately to all incoming emergency calls to ensure immediate communication to appropriate party/parties. Responsible for calling codes overhead and radioing security.
- Answers all incoming calls, providing information or directing call to ensure that the caller reaches the appropriate individuals and/or departments in a timely manner.
- Coordinates interpreters to various floors for patient translation.
- Prepares doctor-dictated patient reports for mailroom to send out, to ensure prompt delivery of patient reports to the physician’s office.
- Contacts and coordinates repair services for telephone and digital pager equipment to ensure that telephone equipment and digital pagers are kept in proper working condition.
- Contacts hospital on-call personnel for various hospital departments so that the proper on-call people can be contacted during an emergency.
Position reports to Admitting leadership.
- Highest level of education, minimum High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must have at least two years previous switchboard operation experience; must have knowledge of communication’s system equipment.
This position is subject to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Steward Health Care Workforce. Employees in this position will be required to provide adequate proof of vaccination for COVID-19 by an FDA-approved vaccine prior to starting work. Steward will consider requests for exemptions from this vaccine requirement on the basis of medical condition or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable Federal laws.
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- CPR certification
We have many plans with various deductibles, which can cover individuals or families, so you can customize a plan that will work for you! Steward Health Care works with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts to provide affordable health insurance for our employees in benefit eligible positions. Our Health Plans Highlights are:
- Deductibles will not apply to services provided by a Steward provider (Tier 1).
- Office visits copays will be $0 when a member uses a Steward Provider (Tier 1).
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse office visits will be $0 for all In-Network providers (Tier1, Tier 2, and Tier 3).
Other Benefits provided:
- Dental, Vision, Health Care Savings Account, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long-Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, Shift Differential, Tuition Reimbursement, and more.
Steward Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer