Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialist
Responsible for ensuring patient record contains clinical documentation that is clear, concise and clinically accurate to meet the goals of the CDI program. Responsible for improving the concurrent documentation practices in facility through ongoing education. Collaborates with physician clinical documentation, coding and reimbursement processes.
- Registered Nurse in Arizona, preferred
- Minimum of five (5) years clinical experience or coding/reimbursement experience in acute care environment
- Current CDI certification preferred (must obtain within 18 months of employment through Association of Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialists/ACDIS
OR American Health Information Management Association/AHIMA)
- Experience in practice of clinical documentation: nursing health information, case management, quality management or similar related field
- Knowledge of AZ State charting requirements
- Knowledge of diagnoses/procedures in accordance with ICD-10
- Ability to learn state, federal, and private reimbursement systems
- Ability to work effectively with physicians, nurses and ancillary staff in a collaborative manner
- Ability to provide education to diverse group/teams within the healthcare environment.
- Proficient in computer skills including charting software and Excel
- Ability to analyze large amounts of data, identify problems, patterns, trends/facilitate improvement actions needed
- Ability to multi-task and take initiative to suggest process improvements
- Proven organization, analytical skills to identify patterns and trends.
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled