Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital is a 74-bed full-service hospital. Located in the heart of Tempe, near Arizona State University, the hospital offers a broad range of medical services and accredited physicians to care for a diverse and dynamic community. Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital is equipped with sophisticated medical technology, features all private rooms, electronic health records and wireless Internet access. The hospital’s experienced team of doctors and nurses work together to provide expert care and the best possible patient experience. To learn more about Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital, click here: Tempe St. Luke's Hospital
Remote or on- site option available
Assists in monitoring staff coding quality. Ensures compliance with government and coding regulations and standards as well as Steward practices. Performs internal and corporate medical record coding audits as needed and acts as a coding expert resource for corporate, the HIM department and hospital. Regularly performs discharge coding and charge reconciliation (as applicable) in accordance with ICD-10 and CPT-4 coding guidelines and corporate coding policies. Assists in training and evaluating assigned coding staff. Acts as a coding operation support resource to the HIM coding team as needed. Assists in review and/or appeals of payer denials/DRG downgrades and conducts HAC/PSI reviews. Acts as a coding resource to Medical Staff, Patient Financial Services, CBO and other hospital departments. Collaborates with and provides guidance to CDI staff in facilitating ongoing documentation improvement process by educating physicians, nurses, and other facility staff as needed on documentation requirements to ensure appropriate and optimal DRG. Educates physicians and other hospital staff on coding and reimbursement issues, as appropriate.
- The Highest education level, minimum High School diploma or equivalent
- Acute inpatient hospital coding experience
- RHIT, RHIA, or CCS Credential
- 3-5 years acute care hospital coding experience
- Knowledge of diagnoses/procedures in accordance with ICD-9-CM and CPT-4 coding principles
- Strong knowledge of medical terminology and anatomy and physiology.
- Ability to work with physicians and hospital staff in a collaborative manner
- Well-developed listening, verbal and communication skills.
- Basic computer knowledge
- Ability to multi-task and take initiative to suggest process improvements.
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Associates degree
We have many plans with various deductibles, which can cover individuals or families, so you can customize a plan that will work for you! Steward Health Care works with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts to provide affordable health insurance for our employees in benefit eligible positions. Our Health Plans Highlights are:
- Deductibles will not apply to services provided by a Steward provider (Tier 1).
- Office visits copays will be $0 when a member uses a Steward Provider (Tier 1).
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse office visits will be $0 for all In-Network providers (Tier1, Tier 2, and Tier 3).
Other Benefits provided:
- Dental, Vision, Health Care Savings Account, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long-Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, Shift Differential, Tuition Reimbursement, and more.
Steward Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer