CT Tech - On Call / per diem
Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital is a 74-bed full-service hospital. Located in the heart of Tempe, near Arizona State University, the hospital offers a broad range of medical services and accredited physicians to care for a diverse and dynamic community. Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital is equipped with sophisticated medical technology, features all private rooms, electronic health records and wireless Internet access. The hospital’s experienced team of doctors and nurses work together to provide expert care and the best possible patient experience. To learn more about Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital, click here: Tempe St. Luke's Hospital
Position Title: CAT Scan Technologist
Essential Functions: Performs a variety of vascular, invasive, and interventional procedures. Possesses highly technical skills to operate sophisticated equipment. Ability to perform duties of ARRT Technologist when not performing CT. Position requires on-call assignments, variable work schedule that may include weekends and holidays.
- The Highest education level, minimum High School diploma or equivalent
- This position is subject to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Steward Health Care Workforce. Employees in this position will be required to provide adequate proof of vaccination for COVID-19 by an FDA-approved vaccine prior to starting work. Steward will consider requests for exemptions from this vaccine requirement on the basis of medical condition or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable Federal laws.
- Technical Training, completion of formal radiology program
- ARRT certified and currently registered and AZ MRTBE state license
- CRT and BLS required.
- Documented training & experience in CT, Passing the advanced examination for CT certification is required within 1 year of starting training
- Eight (8) hours of stroke specific education required initially, 4 hrs annually thereafter.
- Intermediate computer skills
- Ability to adapt to change and manage time
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to exercise independent judgment in the completion of assignments and duties.
- Proficiency with most major CT equipment, manufacturer’s hardware & software
- 3-D Workstation, PAC’s Workstation experience
- Knowledge and understanding of general anatomy, physiology and medical terminology.
- Possesses a high level of knowledge of cross-sectional anatomy.
- 1-2 years experience - New Graduates Accepted
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country’s largest physician-led, tax paying, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 39 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah.
For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: On Call
Job Reference #: 127819