Director Cardiac Cath Lab
Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital is a 74-bed full-service hospital. Located in the heart of Tempe, near Arizona State University, the hospital offers a broad range of medical services and accredited physicians to care for a diverse and dynamic community. Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital is equipped with sophisticated medical technology, features all private rooms, electronic health records and wireless Internet access. The hospital’s experienced team of doctors and nurses work together to provide expert care and the best possible patient experience. To learn more about Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital, click here Tempe St. Luke's Hospital
Position Title: Director of Cardiac Cath Lab
The Director is responsible for planning, organizing, and influencing department activities and the delivery of patient care in the Cardiac Cath Lab setting. The Director must be able to demonstrate knowledge and skills to provide care appropriate to the ages of the patients served on his or her assigned units. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span of the patient and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his or her age specific needs, and to provide the care needed as described in the units policies and procedures and skills check lists. Must be able to respect diversity of each individual’s values, culture, spiritual beliefs, and other socio-economic issues in addressing the needs of patients, visitors, and co-workers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages and directs the department's administrative and financial functions. Prepares and is accountable for department's operating budgets and capital budget.
- Addresses complaints regarding department functions and works with other directors and staff to resolve complaints.
- Coordinates and directs patient care to ensure patients' needs are met, and hospital policies are followed.
- Is able to function as Cath Lab Technologist and provide care based on age of the patient and their clinical condition.
- Communicates appropriately and clearly to physicians, staff, CNO, and administrative team.
- Maintains a good working relationship both within the department and with other departments. Communicates with other department managers for improved decision-making.
- Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized and function well under stressful situations.
- Maintains established hospital and department policies, procedures, and objectives; maintains the department's Performance Improvement Activities, safety, environmental and infection control and compliance with requirements of accreditation and regulatory agencies.
- Assists with the care and maintenance of department equipment and supplies; develops an inventory system; oversees cost control measures in the utilization of supplies, materials, equipment, and personnel.
- Is responsible for the preparation of reports, payroll records, and other statistical data as required.
- Is responsible for the orientation and education of department staff, providing role clarification, counseling when necessary, and completing annual performance evaluations when due.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited School of Nursing or Radiology with a BSN
- Masters degree (preferred)
- Must possess a current Arizona State RN license or Radiology Tech License
- ARRT certification (preferred)
- Must have at least 5 years clinical nursing experience with at least 3 years management experience.
- Current BLS and ACLS required.