Lead Medical Technologist - Days
Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital is a 74-bed full-service hospital. Located in the heart of Tempe, near Arizona State University, the hospital offers a broad range of medical services and accredited physicians to care for a diverse and dynamic community. Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital is equipped with sophisticated medical technology, features all private rooms, electronic health records and wireless Internet access. The hospital’s experienced team of doctors and nurses work together to provide expert care and the best possible patient experience. To learn more about Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital, click here: Tempe St. Luke's Hospital
Full-time Day Shift Lead in Hematology which includes Urinalysis, Rapid Kit Testing, and limited Microbiology department. Must be willing to cross train as a generalist.
Responsible for advanced laboratory functions such as QC review, staff competency, regulatory compliance, result review. Assists in manual revisions and employee evaluations. Be able to perform patient sample testing if needed, quality control, quality improvement, and review of equipment maintenance. Accurately and promptly develop quality systems to obtain data for use in the measurement of the laboratory compliance status relate to all state and federal regulations. Ensures that the laboratory and staff is prepared for inspections from all accrediting bodies such as CMS, DNV, and College of American Pathology (CAP).
This is a day position must be flexible with work times. 10 hour shifts Monday thru Friday with rotating weekends and Holidays.
- Current certification (ASCP, AMT, HEW, etc)
- BLS Certification
- 1+ Lab Management Experience
- Basic computer experience
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Additional languages
We have many plans with various deductibles, which can cover individuals or families, so you can customize a plan that will work for you! Steward Health Care works with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts to provide affordable health insurance for our employees in benefit eligible positions. Our Health Plans Highlights are:
- Deductibles will not apply to services provided by a Steward provider (Tier 1).
- Office visits copays will be $0 when a member uses a Steward Provider (Tier 1).
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse office visits will be $0 for all In-Network providers (Tier1, Tier 2, and Tier 3).
Other Benefits provided:
- Dental, Vision, Health Care Savings Account, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long-Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, Shift Differential, Tuition Reimbursement, and more.
Steward Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer