MRI Technologist - Per Diem
Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital is a 74-bed full-service hospital. Located in the heart of Tempe, near Arizona State University, the hospital offers a broad range of medical services and accredited physicians to care for a diverse and dynamic community. Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital is equipped with sophisticated medical technology, features all private rooms, electronic health records and wireless Internet access. The hospital’s experienced team of doctors and nurses work together to provide expert care and the best possible patient experience. To learn more about Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital, click here: Tempe St. Luke's Hospital
Position Title: Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technologist
- Performs a variety of imaging procedures, including CAT/MRI procedures, and is responsible for patient safety protocols.
- Functions as the first line interface with customers in the successful accomplishment of their imaging needs.
- Participates in CQI activities.
- Must be available to work at least one (1) shift each week to cover PTO and Sick Time within the department, On Call shift nights and weekends also available
- The Highest education level, minimum High School diploma or equivalent
- ARRT, ARMRIT or CAMRT registry eligible with MRI certification within 18 months of hire.
- 6-months supervised MRI clinical scanning experience
- Proficiency with most major MRI equipment manufacturer's hardware and software.
- Experience in the intravenous administration of conventional MR contrast, supervised by a qualified physician.
- Maintain Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Be capable of using an automatic external defibrillator (AED)
- 24-hours of CE every 2-years, CE is relevant to imaging & the radiologic sciences, patient care, CE includes credit pertinent to the technologist’s ACR accredited clinical practice
- 1-3 years’ experience
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country's largest physician-led, minority-owned, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 33 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Texas.
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Salary Range: $34.00 - $34.00