Pool EEG Technician
Since we first opened in 1944, Tempe St. Luke's Hospital has been providing high-quality medical care to the people of Tempe and surrounding communities. Today, our 74-bed acute care hospital is one of the area's top community supporters.
Because we want every patient to have a pleasant, convenient, and comfortable experience, we employ staff members who are dedicated to meeting the healthcare needs of our community by providing high-quality care with a focus on patient safety, as well as exceptional customer service.
Position Summary: Position responsible for the performance of electroneurodiagnostic testing procedures including Electroencephalograms (EEG’s) in accordance with the American Society of Electroneurodiagnostic Technologists (ASET) guidelines and departmental/hospital policies to assure quality of care of the pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patient.
Minimum Education: Graduation from an accredited Neuro-diagnostic program.
REQUIRED SKILL Set:
- Accepting candidates with EEG certification or RRT with EEG experience in a sleep lab.
- Must have previous experience performing EEG's.
- Knowledge of basic mathematical skills is necessary to apply the Internal 10-20 system of EEG electrode placement;
- Knowledge and understanding of general anatomy, physiology and medical terminology;
- Basic computer skills;
- Ability to adapt to change and manage time.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to exercise independent judgment in the completion of assignments and duties.
- Ability to speak and write English language fluently
PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS: Two years of clinical experience in EEG; ABRET certification