RN ED - Days
$$$ Sign On Bonus for experienced Emergency RNs*
Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital is a 74-bed full-service hospital. Located in the heart of Tempe, near Arizona State University, the hospital offers a broad range of medical services and accredited physicians to care for a diverse and dynamic community. Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital is equipped with sophisticated medical technology, features all private rooms, electronic health records and wireless Internet access. The hospital’s experienced team of doctors and nurses work together to provide expert care and the best possible patient experience. To learn more about Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital, click here: Tempe St. Luke's Hospital
Position Title: Registered Nurse, Emergency
- Provides direct and indirect nursing patient care as assigned
- Always represents CARES Standards: Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Excellence and Stewardship
- Demonstrates support of the Medical Center's mission, values and vision in all actions and interactions with employees, patients, medical staff, guests and visitors
- Works to make a positive impression on patients, medical staff, guests, visitors and co-workers
- Protects the privacy and dignity of our patients
- Shows concern by anticipating patient needs and adapting to their preferences Teamwork
- Works well with others as a team member
- Recognizes the dignity of each person and shows respect for one another
- Works to resolve concerns and complaints promptly and effectively
- Demonstrates kindness through words and actions
- Maintains a safe and clean hospital environment
- Maintains a clean, neat and professional appearance
- Embraces the change process as an effective tool for personal, professional and organizational growth
- Demonstrates responsiveness to the needs of our patients, coworkers and others
- Informs patients and others about waits, delays and other possible inconveniences
- Communicates in caring and appropriate ways
- Formulates and revises plan of care as indicated by patient's response to treatment and evaluate overall plan daily for effectiveness
- Involves patient and patient's family when appropriate
- Perform a head-to-toe assessment and reassessment per policy on all assigned patients
- Formulates a teaching plan based upon identified learning needs and evaluates effectiveness of learning; family is included in teaching as appropriate
- Demonstrates knowledge of medications and their correct administration based on age of the patient and their clinical condition
- Demonstrates the use of critical thinking skills and problem-solving abilities in coordinating and supervising patient care
- Consults other departments as appropriate to provide for an interdisciplinary approach to patient's needs
- Completes documentation which reflects current nursing standards, and which supports policies and procedures
- Manages and operates unit equipment safely and correctly
- Demonstrates knowledge of current patient safety goals and policies
- Demonstrates an ability to assist physicians and co-workers with procedures
- Applies knowledge of infection control policies and procedures supporting standards of care
- Communicates appropriately with patients, physicians, co-workers, staff and patient families
- Interacts with a high level of professionalism, respect and dignity
- Maintains patient confidentiality Personal Development and Leadership
- Participates in the clinical development of self and others to provide for personal growth, unit clinical competency and unit retention
- Demonstrates leadership ability by assuming responsibility and accountability for assigned unit activities and healthcare system goals
- Participates in the department's continuous quality improvement activities
- ADN in Nursing
- Licensed RN in the State of Arizona
- BLS / ACLS as required by Department
- Ability to work effectively with computer based charting and other clinical software programs
- Adaptability to change, organizational skills
- 2-3 Years of Emergency Room nursing experience
- Current ACLS Certified
- Current NIHSS Certification
- Bachelors in Nursing
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
*Must have 2* years of experience as an RN in the Emergency Department, 2 year commitment required, Agency and International candidates do not qualify
We have many plans with various deductibles, which can cover individuals or families, so you can customize a plan that will work for you! Steward Health Care works with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts to provide affordable health insurance for our employees in benefit eligible positions. Our Health Plans Highlights are:
- Deductibles will not apply to services provided by a Steward provider (Tier 1).
- Office visits copays will be $0 when a member uses a Steward Provider (Tier 1).
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse office visits will be $0 for all In-Network providers (Tier1, Tier 2, and Tier 3).
Other Benefits provided:
- Dental, Vision, Health Care Savings Account, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long-Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, Shift Differential, Tuition Reimbursement, and more.
About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country’s largest physician-led, tax paying, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 39 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah.
For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 129795